NOTE: Applications will only be processed when college is in session.
Dreamkeepers provides assistance to students at risk of dropping out of college due to unexpected financial emergencies. Dreamkeepers assistance was created to help students stay in college and meet their educational goals, ultimately, securing a better financial future.
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
Emergency grant recipients need to:
- Be a Federal Pell Grant recipient in the term an emergency grant is requested.
- You must have completed at least 10 semester hours at Clark State Community College within the last 12 months
- You must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0
- You must currently be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours
- You must have no holds on your account, and not be on financial aid probation or academic probation
- If you are a prior award recipient, you must have complied with the guidelines of the program regarding gift card awards, and turned in all purchase receipts to the Business Office
- Qualifying expenses are unforeseen circumstances that are not likely to reoccur, and must be jeopardizing your ability to stay in school.
- Provide some form of documentation of the financial emergency- your college will guide you through this.
You may apply for an emergency grant during a fall or spring semester. You may receive only one emergency grant through this program.
Assistance is granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
Once you have created your account, complete and submit the online application. Your application will be reviewed within 1 business day, and if it is eligible, we will call you to schedule an interview with the program administrator nearest you. Phone interviews are not permitted. At the interview,the administrator will review your application, talk to you about your request, and check your documentation. After the interview, your application will undergo further review and a decision will be made. Your application status will then be posted on this site within 1 business day for you to check.
If you are approved for funding, the program administrator will forward payment information to the Business Office. Most payments will be processed within 2 business days. You will either pick up the check from the Business Office or have them mail payment directly to the vendor. If the grant is in the form of a gift card, you will be required to return to the Business Office a receipt for the eligible expenses paid.
Please call Christa Bostick at the Clark State Foundation at 937-328-3882.